Most Floridians love spending time in swimming pools to escape the heat, enjoy low impact fitness and/or to simply just relax. Many families here in Fort Myers will take advantage of time at swimming pools this summer whether in their back yards, hotels or water parks which means it is time to raise awareness of swimming pool safety. Please make sure kids (and adults) learn how to swim and develop these 5 water survival skills:
- Step or jump into water over his/her head and return to the surface.
- Float or tread water for one minute.
- Turn around in a full circle and find an exit from the water.
- Swim 25 yards to the exist.
- Exit from the water without using the ladder.
Alway remember to watch your kids when they are in and around water, without distraction.